November 13, 2016 is Orphan Sunday! You can help your church become active in the care of the fatherless and the support of those who are already actively caring for orphans and other children in crisis.
Held every year in early November, Orphan Sunday has become a rallying point for Christians all over the globe to raise awareness for children in need. Church leaders often ask us how they can best get their congregations involved in serving hurting children. We think Orphan Sunday is a GREAT way for all of our partner churches to get involved in our work!
You can find this video above and other resources to use at your church on the Orphan Sunday website.
We are excited to join this movement by helping our partner churches leverage this day for the children we serve. Please contact us if you'd like more information about planning an Orphan Sunday event at your church!
Ideas for Your Church
PRAYER EMPHASIS | We really believe that prayer is the most significant gift God's people can give to our ministry! Here are some specific requests you can pray for as it relates to our ministry to hurting children and families.
- The 5,000+ // The state of Alabama estimates that there are over 5,000 children in foster care in our state alone! While this statistic can seem dismal, there are over 1,000,000 Baptists throughout our state who have a history of answering the biblical call to care for orphans in our midst. Pray that we could offer Christian homes for every child in need in our state.
- Campus Care // We have campuses all over the state where children live in warm and nurturing homes with house parents and other children. Please pray for these children and for the house parents who have selflessly given their lives to providing loving homes to those who desperately need them.
- Foster Care // We have offices in Birmingham, Decatur, Dothan, Mobile, Montgomery, and Oxford where foster care is offered within an hour's drive. Consider praying for the location closest to you.
- Pathways Professional Counseling // Pray for children in our care who will have the opportunity to talk through their struggles with a licensed, professional Pathways counselor who can help them process their pasts with Christ-centered hope for their futures.
- Alabama churches // In both the Old and New Testaments, orphans and fatherless children are given special attention. God expects His people to love these children because He does! Unfortunately, some churches have yet to respond to this call. Pray that every evangelical church in Alabama would demonstrate a new commitment to caring for hurting children in the name of Jesus.
NEEDS LIST DRIVE | We have several Needs Lists based on location. Take a look at them and do a drive of goods and supplies!
SHARE A VIDEO | All year, we’ve been sharing stories of our foster parents and ABCH alumni, and sharing one of these stories with your congregation on Orphan Sunday could help inspire greater involvement in your church’s ministry of caring for children in need. Files may be viewed here directly online or downloaded.
INVITE A SPEAKER | If you want a clear picture concerning our ministry to hurting children, the men and women who serve in our ministry on a daily basis can paint that picture perhaps better than anyone. Our ministry is blessed with great speakers around the state. Click here to submit a request for a speaker to come to your church. (NOTE: We can't guarantee a speaker will be available for the date you request, but we will do our best to make it happen!)
CHURCH PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS | By request, bulletin inserts are available at no charge to you. Click here to request our promotional materials for your church.
13 WAYS | We've compiled a list of 13 Ways you can serve with our ministry. Click here to discover a way for you and your church to get involved!
None of these sound right for your church? We'd love to help you think through something that does! Contact us to start the conversation!